<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14892234?origin\x3dhttp://clockworkyoyo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Holidays. They are a paradoxical time. When you are in the midst of the academic year, you tell yourself- "I wanna/I'm gonna do a,b,c and z", " I can't wait for the holidays!" - and stuff like that. When the holidays actually arrive, how many do you actually do? One? Two? None? If it's the latter, it's not surprising. Then the usual - "I'm bored..." - comes about.

To keep myself from idling away, I've decided to create a list of sorts with realistic things to do in the holidays. That way, I'll have something constructive to do.

1) Revise unfamiliar topics
2) Read at least 5 proper novels - 2 down
3) Go running regularly - in the process
4) Start going to the gym
5) Go on a food trail, based on Life's 100 Best Dishes
6) Watch good movies

These will do for now.

I've just finished a novel by Ian McEwan - Atonement. I think it's one of the better novels I have read. He does not employ language that would require you to read with a dictionary in hand. He wields words simply, yet effectively. He can paint characters and scenery with great ease. I was captivated by his writing. That has not happened for some time. Well, I would recommend it.

As for television shows, I'm hooked onto this series called 'Pushing Daisies'. It's about this pie-maker who has a special gift - he can bring dead things back to life. But there are two rules to his gift. First - he can only touch the dead person/thing once. A second touch would kill. Second - he can only revive the thing/person for 60 seconds, any longer and a person nearby would die. He helps a PI to solve murder cases by reviving the dead, and tracking their killers down. There's more to this actually, and it would take me forever to say it all. You should give this a go, it's really quite touching and sweet. You'd have to watch to find out why.

my mi nd is un.ravel.ling/ 10:34 PM

profile
prasatt
270990
rjc

likes
chocolate
b&j
blue
music
philosophy
reading
writing
tabla
thinking
slacking

tags


links
anwaar
bob
brian
grace
jia en
jia jia
junwei
kannan
nava
pj
priya
shafali
shuning
taufiq
tee
walter
wilson
yufang
zijian

memories
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
November 2008
December 2008