<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14892234?origin\x3dhttp://clockworkyoyo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
It's 5 days till the new year begins. School's starting in 6 and A Levels are coming in 300 odd days. I'm not in the "ALRIGHT! LET'S GO TO SCHOOL!" mood as yet, and I doubt I will be anytime soon. Probably will be like, "Oh. Ok. School. Hoorah." Still have quite a bit of homework to complete. I don't want to get a white slip on the first day of school itself, so I'd better finish it up ASAP.

31st December. Countdown @ Boon Lay. Performing there - playing congas as part of a Latin band. I do hope all goes well. Supposedly, there's an expected turnout of 30,000 people. But since we are the second act, I doubt many people will be around. But in any case, this is my first tie playing in front of a big crowd. So, I seriously don't wanna die. Haha. And I think I'm starting to fall sick. No, Please.


I just finished reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. Quite tragic - but I love Nabokov's prose. It is rich and evocative, and he seems to have a knack for painting a sense of doom, and tragedy. It is very much a controversial book, what with its subject matter. Even so, its literary merit cannot be denied.

Sometime back, I watched this movie called American Beauty. It is quite an old movie, but I was quite touched by it. It deals with a lot of issues, such as love, existentialism, freedom, happiness and the narrative is tied by an underlying thread of the concept of beauty. One scene which I found particularly memorable was a scene where we get to watch a video of a plastic bag floating in the wind. Call me mad, to me it was truly beautiful. You'd have to see it to understand.

Jeff Dunham and Omid Djalili are two of my current favourite comedians. Jeff Dunham is a comedian and ventriloquist. His act revolves around his many puppets. My favourite ones are Peanut, Ackmed the Dead Terrorist and Walter. Never fails to crack me up. Here's one. And try tell me it isn't the least bit funny.



Omid Djalili is a British Iranian comedian. Here's one of him. Have to get his DVD.



Miles Davis is now my favourite jazz artist at the moment. The Birth of Cool is seriously Arctic cool. Seminal work indeed.



The above is a Banksy. He is a British urban artist - who mainly does guerrilla graffiti art. His work is highly illegal - as it technically is vandalism - a criminal offence. But I really admire him for his bravery, creativity and surprisingly 'deep' art. Banksy - don;t get caught. And please come to Singapore. Thanks. :D

my mi nd is un.ravel.ling/ 10:48 PM

profile
prasatt
270990
rjc

likes
chocolate
b&j
blue
music
philosophy
reading
writing
tabla
thinking
slacking

tags


links
anwaar
bob
brian
grace
jia en
jia jia
junwei
kannan
nava
pj
priya
shafali
shuning
taufiq
tee
walter
wilson
yufang
zijian

memories
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
November 2008
December 2008